All Discussions Tagged 'obesity' (43)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

HFCS: It fattens, it fattens not, it fattens, it fattens not, it fattens................

High fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is the new battle ground for the war of words between obesity prevention advocates and food processors.  A…

Started by Marisel Brown

0 Jun 30, 2012

NEJM Article: We are where we live, but we still don't know why

I've been teaching a community health class as part of a junior college health science program for the last four years.  In those four year…

Started by Cecil Verley

1 Nov 1, 2011
Reply by Fiona Hyde

American Heart Association prevention policy statement: A useful source in fight to protect ACA prevention provisions

Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the leading cause of death and disability in the nation.  In 2010 direct medical costs and indirect costs o…

Started by Marisel Brown

1 Aug 12, 2011
Reply by Tamar Knox

The National Journal-A transportation information source

The National Journal is a publication that does not take sides.  I accidentally found a section written by transportation experts offering…

Started by Guillermo I. Benharar Vallarino

4 Jul 24, 2011
Reply by Marisel Brown

Are healthy food oases springing up in food deserts?

Although there has been criticism of First Lady Michelle Obama's campaign to heighten awareness regarding the childhood obesity epidemic, w…

Started by Marisel Brown

0 Jul 23, 2011

REPORT: Transportation & Health: Policy Interventions for Safer, Healthier People & Communities

This report is the first report that looks at all three areas that impact health.  I was hoping they included transportation as a social de…

Started by Guillermo I. Benharar Vallarino

0 Jul 20, 2011

Bidding farewell to the U.S. Food Pyramid

After millions of dollars to develop and promote the Food Pyramid, it is going the way of the plate. The Food Pyramid will be replaced by a…

Started by Estelle Menz

1 Jun 5, 2011
Reply by Beatrice Yearwood

Landscape architects are, in the tradition of Frederick Law Olmstead, public health advocates

Frederick Law Omlstead, the genius behind New York City's Central Park, was once the secretary general of the U.S Sanitary Commission.  An…

Started by Fiona Hyde

1 Apr 3, 2011
Reply by Beatrice Yearwood

APHA Defends Prevention in Medscape Expert Commentary

With health reform in the crosshairs of the U.S. Congress, the future of the Prevention and Public Health Fund is in doubt. At stake is the…

Started by Marisel Brown

1 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Cecil Verley

ARTICLE-Is Prevention a Fantasy or.......

This Medscape article focusses on clinical prevention versus population-based prevention this is the focus of most obesity prevention effor…

Started by Tamar Knox

0 Mar 13, 2011

RSS

© 2014   Created by Dialogue4Health.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service